View Job Details
Baggage Handler – Gatwick Airport
Location: Gatwick Airport | Posted: 27 November, 2019
One Resourcing are extremely proud to be recruiting on behalf of our client Gatwick Ground Services. GGS provide airport ground services to the most prestigious airline operating at London Gatwick Airport.
We are pleased to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen within GGS for the position of Ground Handling Agent, we are looking for successful candidates to start in March/April 2020.
Due to the business requirements and working unsociable hours, candidates have to be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
Full Manual UK driving licence is required for this role.
To carry out a range of baggage handling activities either as a member of the Ramp or Baggage handling unit to affect the safe and timely turnaround of allocated customer airline flights.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- To collect, transport and load all passenger baggage and allocated freight onto a range of different types of customer aircraft in order to affect the timely turnaround of allocated flights in line with agreed procedures and health and safety regulations
- To carry out daily operator checks and operate all vehicles used during turnaround, according to current standards and procedures, so as to minimise risk of injury to self and others and damage to customer aircraft
- To co-operate, build relationships with and support team members / colleagues, willingly sharing knowledge and experience when needed so as to ensure continual improvements to service are made and Gatwick Ground Services’ reputation is seen as positive and professional
- Ensuring equipment is kept clean and tidy and is stored in the correct area and manner
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety requirements are adhered to and the reporting of those that are not
- Ensuring company procedures, customer SLA and performance targets are met
- Represent the Company in a professional manner
- Reporting of defective equipment
- Delivery of baggage to aircraft side
- Delivery / collection of baggage to the Re-flight Unit / drop-off point
- Delivery / collection of empty containers to / from the appropriate storage area
- The ability to work accurately under pressure
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Good people skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Full Manual UK Driving Licence
- Ability to access the airport for early morning starts
- 5 years worth of satisfactory references to obtain an airside pass that allows you access to security restricted zones can take some time so we are looking to start now.
- Satisfactory criminal record check
- Great rates of pay
- Staff discounts at airport retailers and restaurants
- Free Parking on site
- Weekly Pay
- Potential to move into permanent role after qualifying period
You will be required to undergo a full two-week training course before starting in the role.
The temporary worker’s remuneration starts at £10.75 per hour, this can increase to £12.15 per hour with further training.
Any overtime worked Monday – Friday above rostered hours will be paid at the rate of time plus a half.
Double time will also be paid for any overtime hours completed on Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.
Please note that due to the location of the role, you will be required to work unsociable hours/commit to a rolling shift pattern. You will need to be flexible with regards to the hours required to work.
So, if you are looking to embark on a new career in 2020 then please send through your CV and we will look to assist you in making your first step in securing your dream role working at the airport!
Please note that due to the high amount of application we expect for this role we will only be able to contact suitable candidates.
For our new GDPR Guidelines & Policies please visit: http://www.oneresourcing.com/downloads/
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Discounted/free food
- Free or subsidised travel
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: £10.75 to £12.15 /hour
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: email@example.com