View Job Details
Bowser Driver – Gatwick Ground Services
Location: | Posted: 8 March, 2023
Role: Bowser Driver
Roster: 06:00am-18:00pm (4 DAYS ON 4 DAYS OFF)
Contract: Fixed Term, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24,141 per annum
To provide our customer airlines with an efficient professional Toilet & Water services as per their specifications to include water purification testing and disposal of waste at dedicated toilet disposal points.
Health and safety policies, Airport policies, ramp awareness and operational excellence will also play a key part in this role. In addition, you will be expected to project a smart and able attitude to our customer airlines through thorough work practices and excellent customer service.
The post holder will require an excellent level of communication skills both written and verbal at all levels.
- To drive in a delegated 2-person team from aircraft to aircraft.
- Carry out delegated toilet & water servicing tasks to a high standard using approved water purification solutions.
- Preparation of vehicles prior, during and after carrying out services.
- To maintain the cleanliness of vehicles inside and out, ensuring we are perceived to the best and most efficient cleaning company at LGW.
- To report any visible TSU/WSU vehicle faults to your Quality Controller.
- Report any health and safety matters that give you concern to your Quality Controller.
- To be responsible for personal Health & Safety in accordance with the Company’s policy and procedure.
- To make recommendations and contribute to the development of the Company’s business objectives.
- Any other duties at the discretion of the relevant senior manager which may be necessary from time to time, in order to meet operational requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a full airside pass including a satisfactory criminal record check
- Full, UK, clean driving license and be able to pass the airside driving tests
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven experience gained in either Aviation, Ground Handling or similar industry
- Good working knowledge of Aviation Operations
- Ideally 2 year’s supervisory experience
- Good communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and manage workload to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly and accurately interpret and communicate relevant and complex information.
- Ability to establish credibility quickly by building effective working relationships
- Resilient and tenacious; able to pursue goals in the face of obstacles
- Strong team approach
- Pragmatic and solution focus with good problem-solving abilities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
Salary: £24,141.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 12 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: email@example.com