View Job Details
Covid-19 Study Worker
Location: South East & North West | Posted: 22 September, 2021
- Job Title – Covid-19 Study Worker
- Regions – South East / North West
- Salary: £115 per day plus 45p per mile
- Job Type (Contract / Perm) – 0 Hours contract, 4-5 days per week availability required
- Our client is a multi-award-winning provider of health assessments to both corporate and consumer sectors. They help people take control of their health risks enabling them to live healthier, happier, and more productive lives.
- Our client has become involved and is very proud to support, the government’s COVID-19 Infection Survey. This study will help scientists understand who has been infected with the coronavirus and monitor immunity in those that have had the vaccine. You will not be entering households and appropriate PPE will be provided to you.
- We are looking for flexible, hardworking, and tech-savvy people with their own car and driving license to join us in helping deliver this exciting nationwide study. If you’re passionate about health, want to expand your knowledge and experience within this sector and you’re keen to learn new skills, this could be the role for you.
- Receive a list of households that you need to visit the following day
- As a study worker, you will need to plan out your own route to customer households
- Contact participants the evening/ night before to let them know you are coming for a visit
- Visit participants at their home to collect a swab sample, talk them through a finger prick blood test and ask survey questions
- Accurately log participant results and sample information within the app
- Complete all records and reports within set timescales given to you
- Deliver all blood and swab samples to designated courier pick-up locations
- Study workers, you must have a full UK driving license, your own car, and must be comfortable with long drives
- This is a 0-hour contract, but due to high demand, you must be available to work Friday to Monday including some evenings for 8 hours per day. OT is available to work 5-6 days a week.
- Must have Clear DBS / Criminal record check
- The role involves using an app on a daily basis, so you must have excellent IT skills and be happy to use your own mobile device. Attention to detail and problem-solving is key.
- This is a community-based role, so Study workers must be happy communicating with people from all walks of life at their own homes
- Not essential, but a background in health is desirable
- Organisational skills are key as Study Workers need to order and make up their own stock packs for all visits
- Ensure all information is kept secure and abide by the data protection act
- Attend all training as required and keep up to date with study knowledge and best practice
- Be prepared to be flexible in this role.
- We are looking at people in specific postcode locations. Please ensure that you include your postcode on your application.
- Full paid training is provided over 3 days.
- £115.00 day rate
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile (up to 10,000 miles) 25p after 10,000 miles. (Average annual mileage claim of £4,800).
- A range of flexible benefits including pension, free Vitality life insurance with Vitality membership benefits; discounted Gym membership, wearable tech, spa days, and trainers
- 4 free health assessments a year for you, your family and friends provided by the employer
Please only apply for this job role if you are based in the following locations:
– Manchester city and surrounding areas
Must be available for Virtual Assessment Day on 06/10/2021 and Virtual training week commencing 18/10/2021
You will be provided with all PPE required for the role. Study workers will not be entering participants households.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org