View Job Details
Gate Coordinator – GGS
Location: | Posted: 22 February, 2022
One Resourcing is currently recruiting on behalf of our client GGS (Gatwick Ground Services) who handles British Airways and other IAG group airlines for the below role of Gate Co-oordinator (FULL TIME)
Salary: £22,980.85-£26,434.90 per year
To coordinate all ground services, in order to ensure the punctual and safe departure of customer aircraft, including the embarkation / disembarkation of passengers, whilst observing and ensuring that all GGS’ operating procedures and Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
Health and safety policies, customer service awareness and operational excellence will also play a key part in this role. In addition, you will be expected to project a smart and able attitude to our customer airline through thorough work practices and excellent customer service. To ensure that all GGS’ operating procedures and Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- To act as the Authorising Agent in relation to AAA procedures and ensure additional security checks have been completed and evidenced, when required.
- To monitor, co-ordinate and record the timing of all activities during the turnaround of the aircraft and allocate the reason for a delayed departure.
- To position the airbridge (jetway) in a safe manner as per the operating instructions to allow access to and from the aircraft.
- To deliver professional, customer focused front of house service in a timely and courteous manner, updating and advising all concerned on the progress of the turnaround. Ensuring that all regulatory paperwork and records are completed fully and accurately.
- To consistently work in a safe and effective manner, to ensure that any action taken does not cause a risk either to himself or herself or any other party. To promptly implement appropriate emergency procedures as required and report all safety and security risks, promptly and through the correct channels.
- To forge professional and effective working relationships with own team, other GGS’ departments, supervisors, airline representatives, crew and their customers, in order to maintain and develop GGS’ reputation. To willingly share knowledge and own experience with colleagues and act in a cooperative manner to ensure customer service is continuously improved.
- To consistently demonstrate a high standard of appearance and time keeping, in order to maintain the visual and professional status of GGS.
- To complete any related tasks allocated by the Operations Officer or Senior Operations Duty Manager.
- Good working knowledge of Aviation Operations
- Ideally 2 year’s supervisory experience
- Experience in either cleaning, aviation, ground handling or similar industry.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Educated to A-level or local equivalent
- Must be able to obtain and retain a full airside pass including a satisfactory criminal record check
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full clean driving licence and be able to pass the airside driving test
- Good communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and manage workload to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly and accurately interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Ability to establish credibility quickly by building effective working relationships
- Resilient and tenacious; able to pursue goals in the face of obstacles
- Strong team approach
- Pragmatic and solution focus with good problem-solving abilities
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org