View Job Details
Hi-Lift Driver (Cleaning Operation) Gatwick Airport
Location: Gatwick Airport | Posted: 3 April, 2019
One Resourcing are delighted to be recruiting for Gatwick Ground Services. GGS provide airport ground services to the most prestigious airline operating at London Gatwick Airport.
We are pleased to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen within GGS for the position of Hi-Lift Driver. we are looking for two successful candidates to fill this role.
This is a permanent role subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
The successful candidate will need to be fully flexible with working hours, the shift pattern for the role consists of working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern with twelve hour shifts. There is one day shift (0600-1800) and one night shift pattern (1800-0600).
Due to the business requirements and working unsociable hours, candidates have to be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
As a Hi-Lift Driver you will be required to provide a flexible, responsive and efficient day to day cleaning operation that ensures customer requirements are met and exceeded on a daily basis.
Health and safety policies, ramp awareness and operational excellence will also play a key part in this role. In addition, you will be expected to project a smart and able attitude to British Airways through thorough work practices and excellent customer service.
The post holder will require an excellent level of communication skills both written and verbal at all levels.
- Delivery and loading of supplies and cleaning and equipment to aircraft’s
- Removal of rubbish bags from aircraft’s and disposal
- The loading and unloading of supplies from store’s trucks
- Other duties pertaining to the daily operation
- Paperwork relating to deliveries and loading
- Safe operation of hi-lifts onto aircraft’s and guiding
- To work to a high standard and provide a high level of support
- Ensure that the contract with the client is being upheld
- To work in accordance with the company and client health & safety policies
- To work in accordance with the company policies and procedures
- Ensure that emergency problems are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible
Essential Experience, Training & Behaviours Required
- Proven experience gained in either Cleaning, Aviation, Ground Handling or similar industry
- Good working knowledge of Aviation Operations
- A checkable 5 year background and criminal record check for airport security pass purposes.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with customers and staff in a positive and motivational manner
- Must have the ability to react quickly to given situations using innovative and creative solutions
- Excellent Written and spoken English
- Hold a full UK/EU driving licence
Desirable Experience, Training & Behaviours Required
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ideally at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Resilient and tenacious; able to pursue goals in the face of obstacles
- Strong team approach
- Pragmatic and solution focus with good problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and manage workload to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly and accurately interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Ability to establish credibility quickly by building effective working relationships
- Staff Car Parking
- Company Pension
So, if you are looking to embark on a new career in 2019 then please send through your CV and we will look to assist you in making your first step in securing your dream role working at the airport!
Please be aware that due to Airport security regulations, all candidates would need to provide a full five-year reference history, a UK Criminal Record Check, Overseas Criminal Record Check where applicable and will also need to undertake Security Awareness Training before starting work.
Please note that due to the high amount of applications for this role we will only be able to contact suitable candidates.
For our new GDPR Guidelines & Policies please visit: http://www.oneresourcing.com/downloads/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,943.35 /year
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: email@example.com