View Job Details
Passenger Service Agent (Check-in)- GGS
Location: | Posted: 12 October, 2021
One Resourcing is currently recruiting on behalf of our client GGS (Gatwick Ground Services) who handles British Airways and other IAG group airlines for the below role of Passenger Service Agent – Check-in.
This is a Fixed Term contract up until October 2022, Full time 37.5 hours per week, working hours between 04:00am-00:00pm – 4on 2off Roster. Must be available to work 1-2 nights per month between hours 2200 – 0630. ( Shift swaps with colleagues are available)
Fully paid training is provided ( 3 weeks), but previous customer service experience is essential.
We have training dates available on 06/06/2022, 27/06/2022, and 18/07/2022.
The role of the Passenger Service Agent is multi-skilled to allow flexibility in the operation. The role covers all front of house and above wing tasks to ensure a smooth and seamless passenger journey through London Gatwick Airport.
Candidates who do not currently possess all the necessary skills for this role will be given relevant and appropriate training to ensure that they are multi-skilled as soon as possible.
Passenger Service Agents must be passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
· To host our customer airline passengers and to exercise flexibility to deliver a personalised and outstanding service
· Assist passengers as needed with check-in processes including support for passengers with special requirements such as unaccompanied minors, VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
· To assist transfer customers to meet their flight connections, making alternative arrangements as required
· To assist customers in the International Departures Lounge with any flight queries they may have, including support for any on-load or off-load issues
· To restore all mishandled baggage and lost property to customer airline passengers. Record all information via PIR or direct entry into the Bahamas system for lost and found bags including their contents with their value and basic claim. Reunite passengers with lost/mishandled baggage via dispatch to their home address
· Processing and handling of excess baggage fees and payments from our customer airline passengers
· Handling of flight reservation changes and new reservation sales for our customer airline passengers
· Deal with difficult conversations tactfully and efficiently with offloaded, stand-by and other disrupted passengers; helping to arrange hotel accommodation, re-routes as required and PIR completion
· Assist passengers at self-service check-in kiosks and to drop luggage at appropriate drop off point
· Inspect and verify passenger documentation such as passports, visas and ESTA
· To follow procedures for passengers with regard to the acceptance of Dangerous Goods in accordance with the regulations laid down by the ICAO and IATA
· Accountable for ensuring punctual embarking and disembarking activities for departing and arriving aircraft
· To follow all GGS’ SOPs and comply with all UK / EU legislation as well as Airport Authority and our customer airline security requirements
· To forge professional and effective working relationships with own team, other GGS departments, supervisors, airline representatives, crew and their customers, in order to maintain and develop GGS’s reputation. To willingly share knowledge and own experience with colleagues and act in a cooperative manner to ensure customer service is continuously improved.
· To consistently demonstrate a high standard of appearance and timekeeping, in order to maintain the visual and professional status of GGS.
Contract length: 6-9 months
Job Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £10.63 + OT Enhancements ( weekdays OT paid at rate x 1.5 and weekends/bank holidays at rate x 2)
Free Car parking and Uniform is provided
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org