View Job Details
People and Resource Advisor
Location: Gatwick Airport | Posted: 13 March, 2019
One Resourcing is delighted to be recruiting for Gatwick Ground Services. GGS provide airport ground handling services to the most prestigious airline operating at London Gatwick Airport.
One Resourcing is currently recruiting for a People and Resource Advisor on behalf of GGS, based at Gatwick Airport. The role will be full time working Monday – Friday.
To work closely with the People and Resource manager to case manage and support line management in employee relations matters across the business.
- Advise and support managers in the execution of complex types of ER casework, including disciplinary and grievance processes
- Answer and capture all communications with regards to resolution of capability, long term and short-term sickness absence cases including commissioning investigations, checking all notes and outcome documents prior to distribution
- Ensure all cases are progressed with pace and urgency to therefore drive the reduction of time to resolve
- Influence and persuade managers to deliver the right HR decisions in consistent with current legislation, policy & procedure and business precedents already set
- Drive consistency of approach across GGS in maintaining and raising standards across the business when it comes to employee relations issues
- Assist the People & Resource Manager in development of a proactive ER agenda, project work, knowledge sharing, professional development activities and day to day tasks
- Develop effective and credible relationships with the business stakeholders to promote good employee relations across the business
- Ensure familiarity with policies and procedures enabling quick and accurate advice to be given to managers
- Use high level communication skills with confidence, having the ability to communicate very complex issues simply so they are understood
- Liaise with Occupational Health as required referring employees as appropriate and managing the process
- Respond to ad hoc HR queries on a day-to-day basis
- Provide cover within the People & Resource Team as required
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Entry level HR qualification (CIPD level 3, Diploma, Higher Certificate etc.
- At least a year’s experience of working in a Human Resources / Employee Relations Environment
- You will be confident in dealing with a range of complex cases
- Experience of ER case management and working in partnership with line management
- Strong commercial approach with a good understanding of business needs
- Good communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and manage workload to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly and accurately interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Ability to establish credibility quickly by building effective working relationships
- Resilient and tenacious; able to pursue goals in the face of obstacles
- Strong team approach
- Pragmatic and solution focus with good problem-solving abilities
- Staff parking
- Life Insurance
- Discounts at the airport
- Potential annual bonus
- Company Sick Pay after a qualifying period
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to hold valid ID documents. You will be required to undergo a full 5 year referencing check in order to hold an airside ID pass, and a satisfactory criminal record check.
If you believe you are suitable for this role, please submit your CV today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.
For our new GDPR Guidelines & Policies please visit: http://www.oneresourcing.com/downloads/
Please note that due to the high amount of applications for this role we will only be able to contact suitable candidates
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 /year
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org