View Job Details
Ramp Agent – GGS / British Airways
Location: | Posted: 22 December, 2022
Ramp Agent – January 2023
**We are currently recruiting Ramp Agents (New Entry & Experienced) to join in January 2023**
One Resourcing Ltd are extremely proud to be recruiting, once again, on behalf of our client GGS (Gatwick Ground Services) GGS provide airport ground services to the most prestigious airline operating at London Gatwick Airport supporting British Airways, Vueling and the brand new short haul operation BA Euroflyer.
- Pay Rate: £11.94 – £13.50
- Contract: Direct with GGS, Fixed Term – October 2023
Available Training Dates: Successful candidates would start on one of the below training courses, all courses are 2 weeks (Monday-Friday).
- Monday 16th January 2023
- Monday13th February 2023
- Monday 27th February 2023
- 5on 3off (Earlies & Lates) , 4on 2off (Lates)
- Monday-Friday = Time and a Half
- Weekends & Bank Holidays = Double Pay
- Great rates of pay
- Discounted concessions
- Full time contract, directly with GGS
- Opportunity to go permanent
- Staff discounts at airport retailers and restaurants
- Free Parking on site
- Discounted train tickets to LGW
RAMP AGENT DUTIES:
- To carry out a range of ramp handling activities as a member of a ramp team to affect the safe and timely turnaround of allocated customer airline flights.
- To collect, transport and load all passenger baggage and allocated freight onto a range of different types of customer aircraft in order to affect the timely turnaround of allocated flights in line with agreed procedures and health and safety regulations
- To carry out daily operator checks and operate all vehicles and ramp equipment used during turnaround, according to current standards and procedures, so as to minimize risk of injury to self and others and damage to customer aircraft
- To carry out a range of other ramp duties, as delegated by the Team Leader, during the offload, loading and air start, in accordance with agreed procedures and customer service level agreements, to ensure the safe and timely turnaround of aircraft
- To liaise with the Baggage Handling Unit Agents, Flight Supervisors and the Team Leader about any perceived issues (eg misplaced baggage), so that problems can be swiftly resolved with minimal financial penalty to the business.
- To co-operate, build relationships with and support team members / colleagues, willingly sharing knowledge and experience when needed so as to ensure continual improvements to service are made and Gatwick Ground Services’ reputation is seen as positive and professional
- To demonstrate a high standard of behavior, appearance and timekeeping in compliance with Company codes and standards of conduct, so as to demonstrate professionalism with an inherent respect of colleagues, customer airline and passengers.
- 5 years worth of satisfactory references to obtain a full air-side pass.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Full Manual UK Driving Licence
- Ability to access the airport for early morning starts (car parking costs are covered)
- A satisfactory criminal record check
So, if you are looking to embark on a new career in 2022 then please send through your CV and we will look to assist you in making your first step in securing your dream role working at the airport!
Please note that due to the high amount of applications we expect for this role we will only be able to contact suitable candidates.
For our new GDPR Guidelines & Policies please visit: http://www.oneresourcing.com/downloads/
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Permanent
Salary: £11.94-£13.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Do you hold a full UK driving licence?
Work Location: One location
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org