View Job Details
Safety Officer – Gatwick Airport
Location: Gatwick Airport | Posted: 3 April, 2019
One Resourcing are delighted to be recruiting for Gatwick Ground Services. GGS provide airport ground services to the most prestigious airline operating at London Gatwick Airport.
We are pleased to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen within GGS for the position of Safety Officer
This is a permanent role subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
The successful candidate will need to be fully flexible with working hours, the shift pattern for the role consists of working a 3 on 3 off shift pattern with twelve-hour shifts. The start and finish times will be flexible/variable through a 04.30 – 22.30 operation, to cover the different shift patterns of the different departments.
Due to the business requirements and the possibility of working unsociable hours, candidates have to be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
The Safety Officer shall primarily have a local safety responsibility, and shall assist the Safety, Training & Compliance Manager, the wider management team, and all GGS employees in all safety related matters.
The Safety Officer will maintain a good knowledge of HSE matters. This includes regulatory requirements, company strategies, goals and objectives, and ensure that these objectives are communicated and understood by the station management and all GGS employees.
The Safety Officer will as required contribute to the procurement process, in particular in relation to the selection and testing of new GSE and PPE.
The Safety Officer will contribute to reducing financial impacts to the business by ensuring that cost savings in relation to good safety performance are communicated, promoted and realised by reducing exposure to costs arising from incidents and claims.
- To support the Safety, Training & Compliance Manager, department heads and line team in all health & safety matters and ensure compliance with the company’s health & safety policies in line with company manuals.
- Conduct risk assessments and Carry out audits/inspection as required. Ensuring the station meets the current target for turnaround inspections, collate data and analyse/trend results.
- To contribute towards a zero reportable personal injury incidents and aircraft damage safety culture, by implementing and participating in safety campaigns.
- Ensure all incidents and near misses are accurately reported and investigated and assist with the evidence gathering process.
- Represent GGS at airport safety meetings and committees when instructed to do so by GGS management.
- Communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Produce local safety information (e.g. alerts, bulletins)
- Assist the GGS management by facilitating internal and external audits.
- Perform checks and inspections.
- Ensure that customer requirements, manuals and regulations are safe guarded and maintained.
Essential Experience & Training Required
- A minimum of 2 years working within a safety, quality, compliance role, or have substantial experience (min. 5 years) of working in an airport operational role with safety responsibilities.
- A recognised safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH)
- Hold a full UK/EU driving licence
- Excellent communication skills with ability to be able to provide both positive and negative feedback in order to improve both company and personal safety.
- Be confident and competent to impart knowledge and experience.
- A checkable 5 year background and criminal record check for airport security pass purposes.
- Understand the importance of maintaining high quality and standards, and be a good ambassador for Gatwick Ground Services.
Desirable Experience & Training Required
- A working knowledge of an airport environment, in particular airside standards and rules.
- a safety background in a fast-paced environment, i.e. warehouse, construction, etc.
- Experience in the proactive side of H&S, i.e. Safety/Health campaigns, Wellbeing, Human Factors.
- A good understanding of statutory, regulatory and airport Health & Safety requirements.
- Excellent practical knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Knowledge and use of incident reporting systems.
- Strategic thinker, analytic, and with an operational focus.
- Structured and independent.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility in the role.
- Have commercial awareness and understanding
- Staff Car Parking
- Company Pension
So, if you are looking to embark on a new career in 2019 then please send through your CV and we will look to assist you in making your first step in securing your dream role working at the airport!
Please be aware that due to Airport security regulations, all candidates would need to provide a full five-year reference history, a UK Criminal Record Check, Overseas Criminal Record Check where applicable and will also need to undertake Security Awareness Training before starting work.
Please note that due to the high amount of applications for this role we will only be able to contact suitable candidates.
For our new GDPR Guidelines & Policies please visit: http://www.oneresourcing.com/downloads/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £31,610.00 /year
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: email@example.com