View Job Details
Warehouse Team Member
Location: Gatwick | Posted: 14 June, 2019
One Resourcing are extremely proud to be recruiting for Warehouse Team Members on behalf of our client, the world renowned airport retailer World Duty Free.
This position will be a permanent role working within World Duty Free’s distribution centre in Lowfield Heath.
The shift pattern is 4 on 4 off 18:00 – 06:00 and you will be required to work some, but not all weekends and some, but not all bank holidays.
Purpose of the role:
- To support the Logistics operation in the distribution of goods to the WDF estate. Warehouse Team Members play an integral role in Receiving, Storing and Replenishing.
- Picking and Dispatching stock in an efficient manner. Inline with company values.
- Working within a team of to support Leaders and colleagues alike in all operational standards
- Based in a security controlled environment within a Bonded Distribution Centre
- Distribution Centre operates 365 days a year, operate 24 hours with a variety of shift patterns
- Required to work across all departments
- To receive shipments from suppliers following company policy and process.
- To put away received stock into stock holdings in accordance with defined procedures and standards.
- To Pick for Retail locations in an efficient manner.
- To prepare orders for dispatch
- Prevent company property damage, loss/theft or abuse and report losses to line manager. Ensure that H&S standards are adhered to at all times.
- Support effective team working.
- Demonstrate positive personal behaviours and a can-do attitude
Duties within the role
- Goods In– To receive shipments from suppliers ensuring all relevant paperwork is processed in accordance with HM Custom Regulations
- Breakdown– To receive shipments from Goods In and breakdown loads in an accurate timely manner
- Replenishment– To put away stock received into stock holding in accordance with defined procedures and standards
- Picking– To assemble orders for stores in accordance with defined picking procedures
Essential Skills Required
- Passionate about providing exceptional operations standards
- Able to understand how role contributes to the success of the business
- Flexible, adaptable and enjoys working in a team
- Role model self-motivation, enthusiasm and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a good ability of spoken English (essential)
- Be Physically fit to lift and transport stock
- Experience of working within a Logistics / Warehouse environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Forklift Licence
- Enjoy fast-paced and high turnover retail environments
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of cultures
- Committed to your own development
The pay rate for this role starts at £8.86 per hour moving to £9.84 per hour after 12 weeks probation. You will also receive a 21% bonus of your hours worked.
Due to the business requirements and the possibility of working unsociable hours candidates have to be at least 18 years of ageto be considered for this position.
Please be aware that due to Airport security regulations, all candidates would need to provide a full five year reference history, a UK Criminal Record Check, Overseas Criminal Record Check where applicable and will also need to undertake Security Awareness Training before starting work.
Please note that due to the high amount of applications for this role we will only be able to contact suitable candidates.
For our new GDPR Guidelines & Policies please visit: http://www.oneresourcing.com/downloads/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.86 to £9.84 /hour
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: email@example.com