View Job Details
Yardsmen One Resourcing – Gatwick Airport
Location: Gatwick Airport | Posted: 3 April, 2019
One Resourcing are extremely proud to be recruiting for Yardsmen on behalf of our client, the world renowned airport retailer World Duty Free.
This position will be a permanent role working within World Duty Free’s distribution centre in Lowfield Heath.
You may be required to work both day and night shifts and you will be required to work some, but not all weekends and some, but not all bank holidays.
The current operating shift pattern is 4 on 4 off working 06:00 – 18:00.
Purpose of the role:
To support the Logistics operation in the distribution of goods to the WDF estate. Yardsmen play an integral role in the distribution operation.
- Working within a team of to support Leaders and colleagues alike in all operational standards
- Based in a security controlled environment within a Bonded Distribution Centre
- Distribution Centre operates 365 days a year, operate 24 hours with a variety of shift patterns
- Required to work across departments
- Checking vehicles in and out of yard, they will be the first point of contact
- Informing drivers of directions of where they need to move around the property, park and offload
- Banksmen duties (training will be provided if they don’t have this already)
- They are responsible for manoeuvring vehicles and people safely and securely on the property
- WTM duties when required (as there may be periods where we have no vehicles moving in or out the yard)
Essential Skills Required
- Passionate about providing exceptional operations standards
- Able to understand how role contributes to the success of the business
- Flexible, adaptable and enjoys working in a team
- Role model self-motivation, enthusiasm and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a good ability of spoken English (essential)
- Be Physically fit to lift and transport stock
- Experience of working within a Logistics / Warehouse environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Forklift Licence
- Enjoy fast-paced and high turnover retail environments
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of cultures
- Committed to your own development
The pay rate for this role starts at £8.86 per hour moving to £9.84 per hour after 12 weeks probation.
Due to the business requirements and the possibility of working unsociable hours candidates have to be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
Please be aware that due to Airport security regulations, all candidates would need to provide a full five year reference history, a UK Criminal Record Check, Overseas Criminal Record Check where applicable and will also need to undertake Security Awareness Training before starting work.
Please note that due to the high amount of applications for this role we will only be able to contact suitable candidates.
For our new GDPR Guidelines & Policies please visit: http://www.oneresourcing.com/downloads/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.86 to £9.84 /hour
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: email@example.com